The Sermon – from Psalm 23: 1-3 & Proverbs 3: 3-5
Big Idea: To follow where Jesus leads is always the right choice.
1. Our natural tendency is not to want to follow.
2. Why Following Jesus is the right choice.
a. He knows where he is taking us.
b. He has been there before.
c. He has our best interest at heart.
d. He always acts consistent with his character
3. We must constantly make choices.
Questions for Discussion & Reflection
Question 1: Without using the word sin, give a reason why we find it hard to follow Jesus’ lead sometimes.
Question 2: In the sermon, five character qualities of Jesus were mentioned. Try to add five more.
Question 3: Share a time when crisis caused you to grow deeper in your faith.
- The idea of “For his name sake” was only briefly mentioned. How would you explain its significance?
- Give examples in the New Testament where you can see Jesus leading by example rather than by a command.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 begins with “Trust in the Lord with all your heart.” How does this happen?
The Women’s Ministry will be hosting a Bible Study in conjunction with the National Women’s Ministry Leadership of the PCA. Please click here to find out more information about the upcoming study and to sign up.
The Annual Golf Outing has been rescheduled from June to October 9, 2020. Click here to find out more information about this upcoming event.
It’s our joy to pray for you! E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office.