Our church believes that God’s Kingdom extends beyond the doors of our individual church body. We will challenge our members to go to unchurched people in cross-cultural groups both locally and around the world. In addition, as a church we will pray for, give financial support to, send, and encourage short-term and full-time missionaries that will be used by God to promote His Kingdom.
We are committed to prepare and send our members to fulfill the Great Commission in our family, community and world. We will proclaim the Gospel in word and deed, helping people understand their need for a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
We value sharing the gospel with our communities and the world. We believe that to be faithful to Christ, we should share the good news of salvation from pulpit and classroom, organized activities, and by personal witness. We will use programs and real life opportunities for training in outreach skills. We also seek to spread the gospel by serving in and supporting local, national and global missions.
Covenant of Grace’s heart for missions is evident in the variety of missions oriented activities COG is involved in:
- Our Missions Committee encourages our congregation to become actively involved in the work of missions. The Missions Committee communicates to the congregation the needs of the missionaries and other ministries we support.
- COG’s Missions Committee plans Missions Sunday which focus on missions so that the congregation has the opportunity to learn more about missionaries, mission organizations, and other ministries. Often a missionary speaker will be featured on Missions Sunday. Missionaries share updates about their ministry during the Sunday School hour for both the youth and adults.
COG supports a variety of international, national, and local missions ministries:
- We help support and encourage over 10 organizations/individuals who minister locally and throughout the U.S. The agencies include Alpha Pregnancy Center, Chesapeake Presbytery, Covenant Seminary, Covenant College, Helping Up Mission, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, Young Life Carroll County, Campus Outreach and MNA church planting.
- Youth Missions Trips have included both domestic and international trips and have been in both urban and rural settings. We’ve had missions trips as far away as Cusco, Peru and as close as Washington DC. Our mission trips are designed to spread the gospel in both word and deed.
- Our Hands of Grace Ministry works through our denomination’s Mission to North America (MNA) Disaster Response agency to provide support to PCA churches and their communities in disaster affected areas. Volunteers from Covenant annually give one week of their time to travel to disaster affected areas where they assist in clean up and rebuilding of the affected area.
- COG’s International Sunday encourages internationals that now live in our local community to get to know our church. A highlight of international Sunday is a special international luncheon that occurs after the Sunday Worship service and features international cuisine.
- COG’s English As A Second Language ministry is a community outreach that provides adults whose primary language is not English with basic conversational English skills. Instruction is provided by trained volunteers and focuses on the development of practical daily living skills.
- Through our involvement in Missions to the World (MTW) and other organizations, we support and encourage missionary families in over 10 countries around the world. We help missionaries in South Asia, Puerto Rico, Peru, Europe, France, Austria, and Central and South America.
- Each year our congregation collects and prepares shoe boxes full of assorted gifts for children to be delivered throughout the world by Operation Christmas Child. Operation Christmas Child is a project of Samaritan’s Purse, the international Christian relief organization led by Franklin Graham.
As part of the Presbyterian Church in America, COG is connected to a large denominational body that is active around the world in missions and evangelism. The three mission agencies of the PCA are:
- Mission to the World is the mission sending agency of the PCA helping to fulfill the Great Commission by advancing Reformed and covenantal church-planting movements through word and deed in strategic areas worldwide. Click on the MTW logo to learn more about MTW.
- Mission to North America serves PCA churches and presbyteries as they advance God’s Kingdom in North America by planting, growing, and multiplying Biblically healthy churches through the development of intentional evangelism and outreach ministries. Click on the MNA logo to learn more about MNA.
- Reformed University Fellowship seeks to communicate the gospel by sending ordained PCA ministers to serve on the college campus, to equip students to live all of live under the Lordship of Christ. Click on the RUF logo to learn more.
For questions call the church office. For the most current information about upcoming events please refer to our HOME web page.